Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson's Legacy


[Osubu]

Michael Jackson sadly died last night, leaving behind him a legacy of music that will forever continue to move people's souls with its unique style. People around the globe are mourning his death, some putting some of his greatest hits at the maximum volume and driving it around town to share his glory, while others silently cry. As for me, I decided to dedicate this post entirely to Michael Jackson's history, his legend, and to make us all remember him as the King Of Pop.

In my opinion, the controversial crap about him and the child abuse shit are both fucking retarded and completely false. I believe Michael Jackson liked children, NOT in the way of a pedophile, but in the way a teacher loves her students. The shit about him sexually touching a teenager? I don't believe it, and I won't. And for the assholes who thinks he's a monster because he changed his skin color: just die you piece of shit. I, for one, don't give a crap if he was born a black man, but died a white one. I admired Michael Jackson, not for the shit the media kept exposing to the world in order to get attention and a fucking cookie, but for his music, his personality. The moonwalk, the clean isolations, the solid base line in his music; that's what made him an iconic performer. And even at that, to me, he wasn't a performer. His art wasn't really about performing; it was about creating. He was a creator, and what he created will live on forever.

His achievements are overwhelming, and remembering them just fills my heart with sadness. Michael Jackson was the world's male best-selling recording-artist of all time. And I'm sure he will always hold on to that title. Thriller made this possible, and no wonder it isn't a surprise. Thriller, no, all of Michael Jackson's songs, were amazing and revolutionary. They were all different yet they all had the Michael Jackson flavor. My personal favorites are:

- P.Y.T
- Billie Jean
- Smooth Criminal
- You Rock My World
- Thriller
- We Are The World
- Don't Stop Till You Get Enough
- Beat It

He was an icon for me, and even if I didn't think of him all the time, his music was always there. What he created won't die, it never will, I can guarantee you all that. Although he is gone, his story will remain.

Good game Michael Jackson, rest in peace. You deserve it.

1 comment:

  1. wow, very touching, seriously
    When I learned the news, I didn't really know how to react. At first, I reacted in denial, like most people do. But today, his songs kept playing again and again on the radio, and it made me realise how much we will miss him. And indeed, he is truly an icon. The media should've never tried to ruin his image. He wasn't a monster. He was awesome.

    MJ ftw
    Micheal Jackson for the win

    ReplyDelete